Welcome to your Holy Ghost Lutheran School
We believe that nothing is more important than giving a child the best Christian education available.
Founded with the church in 1844, the school is the most important mission of Holy Ghost Lutheran Church. Our staff of dedicated educators at Holy Ghost have committed themselves to providing your children with a nurturing environment where they can not only learn, but excel. We'll help your child reach his or her full potential as a student and, more importantly, as a Christian citizen. Each year we turn out some of the finest minds, athletes, and citizens in Monroe County!
Our school is your school.
What does Holy Ghost Lutheran School teach children?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School is a Christian school, so we adhere to Christian values. While we are not opposed to curriculum like Common Core, you are far more likely to see "traditional" curriculum methods for math, science, language arts, and other core subjects. Being a private school, we are not currently mandated to follow government mandates for curriculum, however we do rigorously prepare your student(s) for high school and beyond! It is not uncommon at all to hear stories of our students excelling in high school.
What grades does Holy Ghost Lutheran School offer?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School offers grades preschool (3/4 year olds) through 8th grade. Our preschool has flexible options for any schedule and budget.
What is the tuition rates for Holy Ghost Lutheran School?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School offers some of the most competitive tuition rates around, and offers exceptional value for the return on preparing your child(ren) for life in high school and beyond. Click here for our most current rates.
Does Holy Ghost Lutheran School offer and financial aid?
- We do offer financial aid, based on funding availability and need. Click here for an application!
Where is Holy Ghost Lutheran School?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School is located at 3563 Heiss Road, Monroe, MI 48162. We are located on a large rural campus, with plenty of space to run around and enjoy nature!
Will my child(ren) be able to participate in sports?
- Yes! Holy Ghost Lutheran School participates in the highly competitive CYO league in Monroe County, and offers opportunities in soccer, baseball, football, volleyball, basketball, and track and field to students and church members in the 4th - 8th grade.
Will my child(ren) have access to non-core curriculum?
- Absolutely! We find these subjects to be just as important. We have partnered with Airport Community Schools to offer non-core curriculum in technology, music, physical education, and Spanish (subject to change based on availability from Airport).
Does Holy Ghost Lutheran School have before or after school care?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School offers before and after school care at a very competitive rate.
How does Holy Ghost Lutheran School view security?
- While we are located in a rural area of Monroe County, we take security seriously. Security cameras are posted around campus, with high resolution video recorded and kept for 3 weeks. Access to the building is limited to staff and approved volunteers, who have completed a background check. Doors are locked during school hours, and access for visitors is only via the school office.
Is there busing and hot lunch available for Holy Ghost Lutheran School?
- Holy Ghost Lutheran School partners with Monroe Public Schools for busing, and a series of routes can be developed for your child. Contact the school office for assistance in setting those routes up. Holy Ghost has partnered with Chartwells for school hot lunch, and/or offers hot lunch options via volunteer members and parents, made fresh in our commercial kitchen on site.
Does my child/family need to be Lutheran to attend Holy Ghost Lutheran School?
- We would absolutely love for your family to join our church, where members enjoy a discount on tuition. However, membership in the church is not required.
Contact us today for a personal tour of the school!